Telephone: 0151 327 1391WICCG.Gatekeeper-N85005@nhs.net
Latest News (click title to open):
Minor Illnesses and Ailments- Pharmacy Help
Do you have a minor illness or ailment? You may be able treat your symptoms at home.
Your local pharmacy or chemist can provide you with expert advice for free.
Many pharmacies even have private consultation rooms and are open in the evenings and weekends. Check with your local pharmacy for their opening hours.
Pharmacists can advise on how to treat the following:
- skin conditions, such as mild acne and mild eczema
- coughs and colds, including nasal congestion and sore throat
- minor cuts and bruises
- constipation and haemorrhoids (piles)
- hay fever and allergies
- aches and pains, such as headaches, earache and back pain
- indigestion, diarrhoea and threadworms
- period pain and thrush
- warts and verrucas, mouth ulcers and cold sores
- athlete’s foot
- nappy rash and teething
If your problem is more serious and needs the attention of a GP, your pharmacist will recognise this and advise you to see your GP instead.
To find your local pharmacy visit www.nhs.uk/chemist