Patient interventions offered
Telephone: 0151 327 1391WICCG.Gatekeeper-N85005@nhs.net
Latest News (click title to open):
Changes to our Services from 1st November 2019
Due to increased pressures on our doctors, nurses and non-clinical team, we have decided it is necessary to make the following changes. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us implement these changes so we can continue to run an efficient service.
- From Friday 1st November 2019 the time period for telephoning for test results will change to between 12.00pm – 2.00pm. Due to increased demand and additional pressures on our services we feel this change will help us to be more efficient in this area. Our administration team will continue to be proactive in communicating results to patients.
- Between 12.00pm-2.00pm patients will be able to access test results by dialling 0151 327 1391 and pressing option 3 or by telephoning 0151 327 9700.
- GPs are only allocated 10 minutes per patient. We ask that you use this time to discuss one problem only. If you have more than one problem to discuss, please ask for a double appointment or book a separate appointment to discuss other issues.
- Telephone consultation should be for one problem only. Our GPs will make their calls at times when they are free throughout the day and do not have extra capacity to deal with several issues at once.
- If you are scheduled for a telephone consultation our GPs and ANP’s will call the number given 2 times. If you do not answer after 2 attempts you may be asked to re-book the telephone call for another day.
- Prescription requests take 2 working days to process. Our GPs cannot be disturbed during surgery to sign prescriptions handed in late. Prescriptions handed in late will not be processed as an emergency unless the medication requested is on an approved list of medications which cannot wait and then will be dealt with at the end of the day.
- If you have a query with your medication please telephone the surgery between 10.00am-2.00pm and select option 2. A member of our medicines management team will assist you with your query during these times.
- Home visits should be booked before 11.00am unless it is an emergency. Home visits are for patients that are terminally ill or those that are truly bedbound where travel to premises by car would cause deterioration in medical condition or unacceptable discomfort. All requests for home visits will be triaged by a member of our clinical team. This means a doctor or nurse will phone you back as it may be that your problem can be dealt with by telephone advice, or by a more appropriate service.
We appreciate your support in adhering to these conditions, which should help us to improve our efficiency whilst maintaining a patient-centred ethos. These changes will help our clinical team keep to time during consultations therefore reducing waiting times and will help us to process incoming patient communications from hospitals and community clinics in a safe and effective way.